NRG Chairman's Scholarship
The NRG Chairman’s Scholarship was established in honor of Howard Cosgrove, who served as NRG Energy’s first Chairman of the board. The scholarship will reward superior academic performance, exemplary non-academic achievements, and adherence to NRG’s core values.
- Applicant must be the child of an active employee in good standing of NRG Energy, Inc., or of a wholly-owned subsidiary of NRG. NRG employees must have a minimum of one-year tenure at NRG at the time of the award. Children of NRG employees who are Senior Vice Presidents or above at the time of award are not eligible.
- Applicant cannot have an immediate family member (sibling, half-sibling) who has previously been awarded a Chairman’s Scholarship. Only one scholarship per family.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior or previous high school graduate preparing to enter a college degree program for the first time.
- Applicant must plan to enter full-time at an accredited four-year college.
- The award can only be applied toward earning a bachelor’s degree.
- Applicant must have a minimum 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale).
- Multiple scholarships awarded annually of $15,000 each (up to a maximum award of $60,000 over / up to 6 years).
- Scholarships are renewable as long as student meets eligibility criteria (3.0 GPA required for renewals).
- Must enroll in 12 hours per semester.