Houston Country Club Scholarship
- Any ‘eligible’ employee or a child/grandchild of a current employee of Houston Country Club, whereas ‘eligible’ employee is defined as:
- Regular Full-Time employee who works 35 hours or more per week on a consistent basis with a minimum of six (6) months of service and has completed 500 hours of service by the application deadline.
- Full-Time employee who works on average at least 30 hours or more per week on a consistent basis with a minimum of one (1) year of service and has completed 1,000 hours of service by the application deadline.
- Regular Part-Time employee who works on average at least 20 hours or more per week on a consistent basis with a minimum of two (2) years of service and has completed 1,000 hours of service by the application deadline.
- Child or grandchild of the employee must be under the age of 25 years old if pursuing an undergraduate degree or under the age of 30 if pursuing a graduate degree or law school
- Minimum GPA of 2.5
- Preference will be given to students who have previously received a scholarship from the Houston Country Club Scholarship Fund
- Preference will be given to students currently living in the Greater Houston area.
- Multiple awards made annually in the following amounts:
Regular Full-Time and Full-Time Recipients:
4-year colleges: $5,000
2-year colleges: $2,500
Graduate school: $6,000
Regular Part-Time Recipients:
4-year colleges: $2,500
2-year colleges: $1,250
Graduate school: $3,000
- Must enroll in 6 hours in each the fall and spring semesters
- One-time award; students may reapply annually for the following durations:
- 3 years after original award (4 years total funding for undergraduate degrees); plus up to
- 2 additional years for graduate degrees, or
- 3 additional years for law degrees, or
- 4 additional years for medical degrees.