Healthcare and Nursing Education Foundation Scholarship
The Healthcare and Nursing Education Foundation (HNEF) supports the Greater Houston Metropolitan area’s healthcare resources by awarding scholarships to nursing students, and by providing high-impact program grants in health and human services-related fields. You can read more about HNEF here: www.hnef.org.
The purpose of the Healthcare & Nursing Education Foundation Scholarship Program is to provide academic financial assistance to individuals who demonstrate the desire and ability to pursue a professional nursing career in the Greater Houston community and who have demonstrated financial need.
Scholarships are awarded to support studies toward a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or advanced nursing degree and are based on academics, leadership ability, community involvement, financial need, and commitment to pursuing a nursing career. Students selected may be awarded up to $2,500 or $3,000 per semester to be used for tuition, fees, and books. Recipients MUST be granted admissions into OR currently attending a nursing program at one of the following schools:
- Houston Baptist University
- Prairie View A&M- College of Nursing
- University of St. Thomas
- Texas Woman’s University
- University of Houston
- University of Houston-Clear Lake
- University of Texas Health Science Center Houston
- University of Texas Medical Branch Galveston
Applicants must have a 3.5 GPA.
During the annual spring application period that runs from January through February, applications are accepted from qualified individuals in the following categories:
- Traditional BSN – For undergraduates who are currently enrolled in classes leading to a BSN.
- Accelerated BSN – For students who have earned a Bachelor’s degree in a different field but are returning to college and have been accepted to, or have applied to, an accelerated program leading to a BSN.
- Advanced Degree – For students who have been accepted to, or have applied to, a master’s or doctoral level nursing degree program.